The bestselling assertiveness guide that shows women how to get what they wantreissued with a new preface by the author.
Self-Assertion for Women offers practical advice with realistic sample dialogues and step-by-step exercises showing women how they can:
- learn to communicate clearly and effectively
- protect themselves from misread signals in public, as well as intimate, situations
- maintain professional authority without becoming aggressive
- deal appropriately with sexual harassment
- express positive and negative feelings without anxiety
- set boundaries and assert themselves freely while maintaining loving relationships
- idenify "assertiveness blind spots"
Butler's strategies can be applied by all women in any situation that requires direct, effective, and positive action.