IF CIVIL ENGINEERS COULD HAVE ONLY ONE REFERENCE BOOK – THIS WOULD BE IT
Here is THE definitive reference in civil engineering. Within the pages of this classic you'll find fingertip access to everything from the fundamentals of civil engineering to the latest changes in design, construction, materials, and equipment in 23 different disciplines including Systems Design, Geotechnical Engineering, and Community and Regional Planning.
This new, completely updated, and expanded Fifth Edition features:
* The most recent code changes, including AIC, AISC, ASTM, NDS for Wood Structures, and more
* Current EPA and OSHA regulations
* Additional information on design build delivery systems
* Increased coverage of stormwater runoff
* Over 700 tables, formulas, and drawings to make every explanation and procedure crystal clear
* Sections on construction management; materials specifications; structural theory; wood and concrete, steel design and construction; and much more
* The latest design methods for buildings, airports, highways, tunnels, and bridges
Turn to this one-stop review of the field for simplified solutions to the hundreds of practical problems you face in your day-to-day civil engineering practice.
Jonathan T. Ricketts is a Consulting Engineer in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, a registered engineer in several states, and the editor of McGraw-Hill's Building Design and Construction Handbook.
M. Kent Loftin is a Consulting Engineer in Hobe Sound, Florida.
Frederick S. Merritt (deceased) was a Consulting Engineer in West Palm Beach, Florida, and a former editor with Engineering News-Record.
The fifth edition of this reference in civil engineering features coverage of recent code changes, including AIC, ASTM, and NDS for Wood Structures, and current EPA and OSHA regulations, plus expanded information on design build delivery systems and increased coverage of stormwater runoff. There is also new information on three-dimensional modeling of pile groups, cracking in high strength steel beams, intelligent transportation, and various types of wharf designs. Coverage encompasses fundamentals of civil engineering and the latest changes in design, construction, materials, and equipment in 23 different disciplines including systems design, geotechnical engineering, and community and regional planning. Ricketts is a consulting engineer.