THE HANDS-DOWN FAVORITE USER'S GUIDE TO VHDLCOMPLETELY UPDATED TO REFLECT THE VERY LATEST DESIGN METHODS
CD-ROM WITH WORKING CODE EXAMPLES, VERIFICATION TOOLS AND MORE
No matter what your current level of expertise, nothing will have you writing and verifying concise, efficient VHDL descriptions of hardware designs as fast or as painlessly as this classic tutorial from master teacher Doug Perry. Beginners will find it an invaluable learning tool and experienced pros will keep it on their desk as a trusted reference.
Perry teaches VHDL through a series of hundreds of practical, detailed examples, gradually increasing in complexity until you're capable of designing a fully functional CPU. The new Fourth Edition has been completely updated with all of the VDHL codes used in the examples changed to reflect today's faster and more efficient design methods. You'll also find:
* A CD-ROM containing working code of all of the VDHL examples, with their matching designs along with VITAL verification tools and a working copy of ModelSIM
* All the tools you need for simulation and synthesis
* A listing of the IEEE 1164 STD-LOGIC package used throughout the book
* Useful tables and figures
* Instructions for reading the Bachus-Naur format (BNF) descriptions found in the VHDL Language Reference Manual
There truly is no faster or smarter way to master VHDL than Doug Perry's learn by example approach. It works!
A guide to writing concise, efficient descriptions of hardware using VHDL. The author uses real-world examples, sample designs, and extensive graphics. This second edition features a description of VHDL with Synthesis, reflects the IEEE 1164 standard modeling package, contains all new tables and figures, includes quick reference language tables, and addresses many issues concerning VHDL design and the available options and alternatives. Printed on acidic paper. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)