The seventh edition of the benchmark evidence-based pharmacotherapy text--now in full color!
Includes Online Learning Center--that features 11 additional chapters, learning objectives, interactive questions, and more!
A Doody's Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This book is, by far, one of the best in pharmacy. It is an exceptionally useful reference for both pharmacists and pharmacy students. It communicates a wealth of information that is well researched and referenced. The seventh edition is a much needed update."--Doody's Review Service
When it comes to helping you develop a mastery of evidence-based medicine for optimal patient outcomes, no book can match Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. Like the discipline it covers, the scope of this trusted resource goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs. Pharmacotherapy delivers everything you need to know to provide safe, effective drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
The book also delves into psychosocial issues that affect compliance--topics related to a patient's ability to understand and manage often-complex therapy--and lifestyle changes that may reduce the need for drug therapy or improve pharmacotherapeutic outcomes.
• Key Concepts in each chapter
• Critical Presentation boxes that summarize common disease signs and symptoms
• Clinical Controversies boxes that examine complicated issues you face when providing drug therapy
• Therapeutic recommendations in each disease-specific chapter
• Evaluation of Therapeutic Outcomes Information in each disease-specific chapter containing key monitoring guidelines
• NEW MATERIAL! including chapters on Pulmonary Hypertension, Disorders of Calcium and Phosphorous Homeostatis, and Multiple Myeloma
• NEW! Expanded evidence-based recommendations
• NEW! Extended coverage of the timely issue of palliative care and pain medicine
Doody Review Services
Reviewer:Kristen M. Quinn, PharmD(Jeanes Hospital)
Description:This well rounded pharmacy reference updates the field in a detailed manner.
Purpose:The authors strive to advance the quality of patient care through evidence-based therapies and enhance the health of patients through disease-prevention strategies. The authors also try to instill motivation in young practitioners and challenge them to learn and apply new concepts.
Audience:Written by physicians and pharmacists, the book targets pharmacists and student pharmacists, as well as other healthcare professionals.
Features:It details principles of pharmacotherapy and treatment algorithms, using figures and tables to enhance learning and make the book easy to use.
Assessment:This book is, by far, one of the best in pharmacy. It is an exceptionally useful reference for both pharmacists and pharmacy students. It communicates a wealth of information that is well researched and referenced. The seventh edition is a much needed update.