The landmark emergency medicine text is now in full color
Includes Companion DVD with 17 additional chapters
With 418 contributors representing over 120 medical centers around the world, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine is the most practical and clinically rigorous reference of its kind. It covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic resuscitative techniques, to all the major diseases requiring emergency treatment, such as pulmonary emergencies, renal and GU disorders, and hemophilia. This authoritative, in-depth coverage makes this classic text indispensible not only in emergency departments, but also for residents and practitioners when studying or preparing for any exam they may face.
While continuing to provide the most current information for acute conditions, the Seventh Edition of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine has been substantially revised and updated to cover all of the conditions for which patients seek emergency department care in a concise and easy-to-read-manner.
- Full-color design with more figures and tables than ever
- Reader-friendly chapter presentation makes it easy to find important material.
- Updated tables covering drugs and important clinical information
- Patient safety considerations and injury prevention are integrated into chapters, as appropriate
- Total revision of the dermatology section enables diagnosis by lesion description and body area affected, and provides current treatment
- Organ systems sections reorganized to reflect considerations for actual clinical practice.
- New chapters: New adult chapters include Natural Disasters, Aneurysms of the Aorta and Major Arteries; Hip and Knee Pain, Aortic Dissection; Acute Urinary Retention; Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Intracranial Bleeding; Clotting Disorders; Community –acquired Pneumonia and Noninfectious Pulmonary Infiltrates; Type I Diabetes; Type II Diabetes; Anemia; Tests of Hemostasis; Clotting Disorders; Head Injury in Adults and Children; the Transplant Patient; Grief, Death and Dying; and Legal Issues in Emergency Medicine. Twelve new pediatric chapters including The Diabetic Child, Hematologic-Oncologic Emergencies, Ear and Mastoids, Eye Problems in Infants and Children, Neck Masses, GI Bleeding, Nose and Sinuses, Urologic and Gynecologic Procedures in children, Renal emergencies in children, Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders in children, Pediatric Procedures, Pediatric ECG Interpretation
- Greater coverage of procedures throughout for the most common conditions seen in the emergency department.
- Companion DVD features an additional 17 chapters, such as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Principles of Imaging, Prison Medicine, Military Medicine, The Violent Patient, Forensics, Wound Ballistics, and Drug Interactions.
- Companion DVD also features videos and animations for teaching and learning performance of important procedures, especially Ultrasound-Guided Procedures