Throughout the world, the Vox Dictionaries are acclaimed as the finest Spanish and English Dictionaries published.
This new edition of the Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary is large enough to serve as the preferred reference for libraries, the office, and the home, yet compact enough for travelers and students.
Additionally, the Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary is edited to serve the needs of beginning and intermediate studentseither the English-speaking student of Spanish or the Spanish-speaking student of English. This dictionary has many of the features found in higher priced dictionaries.
- An up-to-date word list gives special emphasis to everyday language, idioms, and current technical, scientific, and business terms.
- Approximately 85,000 headwords, phrases, and examples. Irregular verb formsin both Spanish and Englishare presented in convenient tables.
- There is a special notation for words used only in the Western hemisphere.
- Complete grammar overviews of both Spanish and English are provided for easy reference and review.
- A special 45-page section contains more than 3,500 of the most frequently used Spanish and English idioms and expressions.
- English pronunciation is indicated in the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Useful appendices add to the dictionary's value as an all-purpose reference.
- A convenient size and format, as well as clear typography and layout, make this dictionary an excellent value.