This book contains economic experiments designed for students who have not previously taken any economics. While this book can supplement any microeconomics text, it can and has been used by itself to teach principles. Unique in the marketplace, EXPERIMENTS WITH ECONOMIC PRINCIPLES: MICROECONOMICS is an extension of the groundbreaking work in Experimental Economics of Vernon Smith. Bergstrom and Miller are two of the most highly-regarded researchers in the creative world of Experimental Economics.
1. A new chapter on public goods (ch. 6).
2. A new chapter on network externalities (ch. 9).
3. A new Part V on essential concepts of economic principles.
4. More problems and tie-ins to economics in the news.
5. More discussion of economic concepts.
6. More modular organization for easy custom-publishing of instructor's own selection of experiments.
7. Streamlining some experiments.
8. Improved layout of homework exercises allows faster grading.
9. Improved layout of personal information sheets in Instructor's Manual.
10. Convenient class preparation kits for instructors.
Go to the text website for more information on Bergstrom/Miller Experiments with Economic Principles: http://www.econ.ucsb.edu/~tedb/eep/eep.html