Teamwork, projects, collaborative problem solving, innovation, and creativity are central to success in engineering, especially in the increasingly global economy. The overall goal of Teamwork and Project Management, Third Edition is to prepare you for these aspects of professional practice in engineering. The approach involves engaging you in activity, reflection, and collaboration to build your knowledge and skills.
Specific goals for readers of Teamwork and Project Management, Third edition include:
• To understand the professional skills aspects of engineering and their role in modern engineering practice.
• To understand the dynamics of team development and interpersonal problem solving.
• To identify strategies for accelerating the development of high-performance teamwork.
• To understand the critical dimensions of project scope, time, cost management, as well as the role of the customer or client.
• To understand and be able to apply the critical technical and professional competencies in project management.
• To explore a variety of best practices including anticipating, preventing, and overcoming barriers to project success.