Communication and Relational Maintenance addresses the question, "How do people maintain their personal relationships?" Unlike the published works in this field that focus on relationship initiation or dissolution, this volume discusses the everyday processes used to maintain an on-going relationship. It discusses interpersonal communication, social-psychological factors relevant to maintenance, and the resolution of conflict.
* Focuses on everyday processes used to sustain personal relationships
* Analyzes how communication skills affect relationship function
* Discusses factors promoting marital stability and satisfaction
* Elaborates upon the means and mechanisms for conflict resolution
* Identifies dialectical approaches to the study of relationships