Now in its second edition, Methods in Stream Ecology covers six important areas of the field: Physical Stream Ecology, Material Transport and Storage, Stream Biotia, Community Interactions, Ecosystem Process, and Ecosystem Quality. This bestselling title has been significantly revised and updated, providing a complete series of field and laboratory protocols in stream ecology.
• NEW information on remote sensing, the relation between stream flow and alluviation, and additional coverage of macrophyte
• Offers a brand new chapter on Riparian Zones
• Provides a variety of exercises in each chapter to accomodate both the student and the practicing scientist
• Includes detailed instructions, illustrations, formulae, and data sheets for conducting stream ecology
• Contains taxonomic keys to common stream fishes, invertebrates, algae, and bryophytes
"The greatest strength of this book is that it is written by leading authorities in stream ecology. The structure is better organized and more informative than the previous edition. I grade this book an 'A'.
- Ben Stout, Wheeling Jesuit University, West Virginia, USA