This revised text presents a cogent explanation of the fundamentals of meteorology, and explains storm dynamics for weather-oriented meteorologists. It discusses climate dynamics and the implications posed for global change. The Fourth Edition features a CD-ROM with MATLAB® exercises and updated treatments of several key topics. Much of the material is based on a two-term course for seniors majoring in atmospheric sciences.
• Provides clear physical explanations of key dynamical principles
• Contains a wealth of illustrations to elucidate text and equations, plus end-of-chapter problems
• Holton is one of the leading authorities in contemporary meteorology, and well known for his clear writing style
• Instructor's Manual available to adopters
NEW IN THIS EDITION
• A CD-ROM with MATLAB® exercises and demonstrations
• Updated treatments on climate dynamics, tropical meteorology, middle atmosphere dynamics, and numerical prediction
"...the author succeeds in presenting the fundamentals while providing a motivating discussion on the full scope of dynamic meteorology and its applications."
-Jorg Matschullat, Interdisciplinary Environmental Research Center, in ENVIRONMENTAL GEOLOGY, VOL. 49, MARCH 2006