The key to a successful MDM initiative isn’t technology or methods, it’s people: the stakeholders in the organization and their complex ownership of the data that the initiative will affect.
Master Data Management equips you with a deeply practical, business-focused way of thinking about MDM—an understanding that will greatly enhance your ability to communicate with stakeholders and win their support. Moreover, it will help you deserve their support: you’ll master all the details involved in planning and executing an MDM project that leads to measurable improvements in business productivity and effectiveness.
* Presents a comprehensive roadmap that you can adapt to any MDM project.
* Emphasizes the critical goal of maintaining and improving data quality.
* Provides guidelines for determining which data to “master.”
* Examines special issues relating to master data metadata.
* Considers a range of MDM architectural styles.
* Covers the synchronization of master data across the application infrastructure.