Recognizing the unique needs of the technology startup, Duening focuses on intellectual property development, funding, and marketing/selling more than other texts in this market. Extensive use of technology examples, case studies, and assignments keeps the book relevant and motivating for engineering students. A full supplements package, including instructor manual and lecture notes, makes it easy to get the course up and running.
* rich in case studies, examples, and in-chapter elements that focus on the challenges of launching and operating a technology venture;
* a more in-depth examination of intellectual property development and management than is common in business-focused entrepreneurship texts;
* a more in-depth treatment of valuation, deal structuring, and equity preservation issues than is common in business-focused entrepreneurship texts;
* extensive discussion of technology management and continuous innovation as a competitive advantage;
* addresses the issue of leading, managing, motivating, and compensating technical workers;
* spends more time on the fundamentals of marketing and selling, as these are elements of entrepreneurship often most neglected by engineers and scientists;