Kurti and Czako have produced an indispensable tool for specialists and non-specialists in organic chemistry. This innovative reference work includes 250 organic reactions and their strategic use in the synthesis of complex natural and unnatural products. Reactions are thoroughly discussed in a convenient, two-page layoutusing full color. Its comprehensive coverage, superb organization, quality of presentation, and wealth of references, make this a necessity for every organic chemist.
• The first reference work on named reactions to present colored schemes for easier understanding
• 250 frequently used named reactions are presented in a convenient two-page layout with numerous examples
• An opening list of abbreviations includes both structures and chemical names
• Contains more than 10,000 references grouped by seminal papers, reviews, modifications, and theoretical works
• Appendices list reactions in order of discovery, group by contemporary usage, and provide additional study tools
• Extensive index quickly locates information using words found in text and drawings