Plant Tissue Culture, Second Edition is a bench-top manual that provides laboratory exercises in plant tissue culture which demonstrate major educational concepts. The experiments can be conducted with a variety of plant materials that are available year round from easily accessible sources. This coursebook will give students diverse learning experiences in a semester course. New and experienced plant scientists in agriculture, university, and industry settings will also find this concise yet comprehensive manual to be of great value.
• Presents unique laboratory exercises using a variety of plant materials and step-by-step protocols
• Provides detailed line drawings that complement both introductions and experiments
• Includes supplementary sections
• Scheduling and interrelationships of exercises for teachers
• Tissue culture laboratory setup
• Supplies, media, and explant preparation
• Glossary of terms
• Exercises rigorously tested for practicality through years of course use
• Contains two new chapters
• History of Plant Cell Culture by Trevor Thorpe
• Woody Plants and Shrubs by Brent McCown
• Adaptable by teachers, students, researchers, and technicians
This book is an excellent overview of important tissue culture techniques. It is highly recommended for laboratory courses in tissue culture and would be useful in research laboratories where tissue culture techniques are required. Practical aspects of tissue culture are explained in a clear and concise way. This is essential for the novice and useful for experienced individuals planning a new course or laboratory. The manual is commended for providing information required for successful tissue culture at the fingertips of students.