Applying Contemporary Statistical Techniques explains why traditional statistical methods are often inadequate or outdated when applied to modern problems. Wilcox demonstrates how new and more powerful techniques address these problems far more effectively, making these modern robust methods understandable, practical, and easily accessible.
• Assumes no previous training in statistics
• Explains when and why modern methods provide more accurate results
• Provides simple descriptions of when and why conventional methods can be highly unsatisfactory
• Covers the latest developments on multiple comparisons
• Includes recent advances in risk-based methods
• Features many illustrations and examples using data from real studies
• Describes and illustrates easy-to-use s-plus functions for applying cutting-edge techniques
"The book is quite unique in that it offers a lot of up-to-date statistical tools. No other book at this level comes close in this aspect."
Xuming He -University of Illinois, Urbana