The #1 guide to protecting and recovering your key digital assetsnow fully updated.
- Disaster recovery strategies after 9/11
- Up-to-the-minute coverage: DR analysis, planning, strategy, testing, and emergency decision-making
- Solutions for centralized and decentralized environments, network and end-user recovery
- Advanced storage technologies and "time to data" metrics
- Implications of Web services and next-generation outsourcing
- Now more than ever, crucial information for every IT manager, sysadmin, and consultant!
Disaster Recovery Planning, Third Edition is a start-to-finish update to the #1 guide to disaster recovery planning and implementation. Thoroughly revised to reflect the latest strategies and technologies, it also presents the disaster recovery lessons taught by 9/11, the California energy crisis, and the anthrax scare.
In this book, Toigo offers focused, hands-on blueprints for disaster recovery in every environment, centralized and decentralizedwith detailed coverage of building DR systems that address networks and encompass end-users who still maintain crucial enterprise data on local PCs and notebooks. Coverage includes:
- How to create a successful disaster recovery plan-with or without consultants
- Analyzing both technical and physical risks, including facility protection
- Choosing the right mainframe backup strategies
- Preventive and proactive techniques for backing up distributed, network-based systems
- New technologies and strategies for end-user recovery
- Emergency decision-making and recovery project teams
- Testing your plan and updating it to reflect organizational and technicalchange