More Reading Power, Second Edition, by Beatrice S. Mikulecky and Linda Jeffries, is a student-centered reading skills textbook with a process approach to reading improvement. Its four key sections, designed to be used concurrently, help intermediate to high-intermediate students develop solid reading skills necessary in school, college, or business.
- Reading for Pleasure encourages students to master new reading strategies and broaden their vocabulary.
- Comprehension Skills emphasizes ten strategic reading skills, such as skimming, scanning, and recognizing topics and main ideas.
- Thinking Skills provides practice in inference and critical thinking.
- Reading Faster features high-interest, nonfiction selections that help students build speed and flexibility in their reading.
New to the Second Edition:
- A two-color design and user-friendly format
- Expanded Teacher's Guide with sample syllabus
- Revised list of suggested books for pleasure reading
Test booklets contain reproducible black line masters to be used as additional practice or to test reading skills presented in the student books.
The Reading Power series also includes:
- Basic Reading Power 1 (Third Edition): Beginning
- Reading Power 2 (4th Edition): Intermediate
- Advanced Reading Power 4: Advanced