Ready to Write 1, Third Edition, is a revision of Get Ready to Write, the first book in the highly-successful three-book Ready to Write series. The book teaches beginning students the composition skills they need to be successful writers in and out of the classroom.
A fresh new design, updated content throughout, and a host of new activities reinforce the approach that has made the Ready to Write series a classroom favorite for more than two decades.
- Updated examples and model paragraphs illustrate organizing elements such as topic sentences, supporting details, and signal words.
- Step-by-step activities guide students in comparing and contrasting, describing, analyzing data, writing test answers, and summarizing.
- Varied, contextualized writing tasks help students with real-life tasks.
- Editing and proofreading exercises encourage students to refine their writing skills.
- New Grammar Guide section presents important grammar points and practice items to boost accuracy.
Ready to Write also includes:
Ready to Write 2
Ready to Write 3