Chemical engineering principles and techniques: A practical and up-to-date introduction.
The scope of chemical engineering has expanded considerably in recent years to encompass a wide range of topics. This book provides a complete, practical, and student-friendly introduction to the principles and techniques of contemporary chemical, petroleum, and environmental engineering.
The authors introduce efficient and consistent methods for problem solving, analyzing data, and developing a conceptual understanding of a wide variety of processes. This seventh edition is revised to reflect the latest technologies and educational strategies that develop a student's abilities for reasoning and critical thinking.
- Short chapters (29) to provide a flexible modular sequence of topics for courses of varying length
- A thorough coverage of introductory material, including unit conversions, basis selection, and process measurements
- Consistent, sound strategies for solving material and energy balance problems
- Key concepts ranging from stoichiometry to enthalpy
- Behavior of gases, liquids, and solids: ideal/real gases, single component two-phase systems, gas-liquid systems, and more
- New examples and problems covering environmental, safety, semiconductor processing, nanotechnology, and biotechnology
- Extensive tables and charts, plus glossaries in every chapter
- Self-assessment tests, thought/discussion problems, and homework problems for each chapter
- 13 appendices providing helpful reference information
Practically orientated and student friendly, Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering, Seventh Edition is the definitive chemical engineering introduction for students, license candidates, practicing engineers, and scientists.
- UPDATED Polymath software for solving linear/nonlinear/differential equations and regression problems
- NEW physical property database containing over 740 compounds available in a very convenient "point-and-click" format for Windows®
- 200 supplementary problems, 100 with detailed solutions
- Descriptions and animations of process equipment
- Chapters on degrees of freedom, process simulation, and unsteady state materials
- A chapter on advice to the novice on problem solving