Now in its fourth edition, Writing Academic English, by Alice Oshima and Ann Hogue, is the essential writing text to prepare high-intermediate and advanced college or college-bound English language learners for academic success.
- A step-by-step approach guides students through the process of writing paragraphs and essays.
- Clear models and varied practice help students to develop confidence and a mature writing style.
- Examples with academic content prime students for college work.
- Appendices offer easy reference for key writing, grammar, and research information.
New to the Fourth Edition
- A chapter dedicated to each pattern of essay organization
- A chapter on argumentation and using material from outside sources
- Thought-provoking readings from authentic sources
- An expanded chapter on summary and paraphrase
- Instruction in the basics of research and documentation
The Longman Academic Writing Series also includes:
- Level 1 Fundamentals of Academic Writing
- Level 2 First Steps in Academic Writing, Second Edition
- Level 3 Introduction to Academic Writing, Third Edition