This important new thematic reader systematically explores key rhetorical concepts in every chapter to help students analyze verbal and visual texts and to write with greater insight and purpose. RHETORICAL VISIONS engages the eye, challenges notions of ourselves and the world around us, and inspires well-developed academic writing. Included are:
* over 50 reading selections by important thinkers of our era.
* more than 180 images from funny to frightening
* generous support for thinking, reading, writing, and research
* access to a rich Web site for RHETORICAL VISIONS at www.prenhall.com/hesford
"RHETORICAL VISIONS uses the visual world that college freshmen live in and turns it into a rhetorical learning place."
- Beverly Neiderman, Kent State University
"From silence and passive immersion, students are brought into articulate and critical engagement with the world of images and texts, and thereby, with the world itself."
- Adrielle Mitchell, Nazareth College of Rochester