This revision of the classic textbook in endocrinology will offer all of the advantages found in earlier editions of Hadley's "Endocrinology," including clear explanations, interesting applications, and in-depth coverage of vertebrate hormones. In addition, chapters are now presented in a lecture-friendly format, with headers summarizing each of the major concepts. As in earlier editions, basic principles of molecular, cellular, and integrative endocrinology are presented early, along with an updated guide to current research and methodologies. Following chapters contain discussions of each of the major endocrine systems, supplemented with the most important and interesting new information. Neuroendocrine and reproductive systems are the specialty of the new co-author of this edition, and corresponding chapters have been appropriately increased in coverage. Special features of this new edition include...
1. Expanded explanations of basic concepts
2. Updated information on research methodologies
3. Latest research findings added to chapters on each endocrine system
4. Additonal diagrams and figures
5. Printed with second color scheme.
6. New "Think, Analyze, and Discuss" review questions
For health professionals, veterinarians, pharmacologists, and anyone in a field where endocrinology is the focus.