Fundamentals of Academic Writing, by Linda Butler, is the newest addition to the Longman Academic Writing Series. Fundamentals provides beginning-level students with the essential tools they need to master basic academic writing by integrating sentence structure, paragraph organization, grammar, mechanics, vocabulary, and the writing process. Fundamentals leads students to build strong academic writing skills that will last them throughout their academic careeers.
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the writing process.
- Clear, succinct explanations help students to understand and apply key conepts and rules.
- Numerous models and varied practice support students at all stages of writing.
- Journal writing helps students build literacy.
- Challenge activities give added opportunities to master the writing process.
- Reviewer's Checklists motivate students to revise their work.
The Longman Academic Writing Series also consists of:
- Level 2 First Steps in Academic Writing, Second Edition
- Level 3 Introduction to Academic Writing, Third Edition
- Level 4 Writing Academic English, Fourth Edition