Providing the strand that connects diverse musical styles, Musical Encounters shows students how music has been and always will be a driving force in the world around them.
Encounter a Lifelong Exploration of Music Through
- An emphasis on three fundamental conceptsdiversity, change, and developing listening techniques.
- A focus on the listening process that helps build listening skills founded on a knowledge of a basic music vocabulary.
- Samples of musical expression from around the world that demonstrate the artistic, social, and economic forces supporting music in our eclectic society.
- A concentration on the principles of counterpoint and layering.
- A multi-cultural approach that enriches the learning experience and increases awareness of how various peoples organize sound into music according to their unique tastes, practices, and traditions.
- A host of listening examples that illustrate the music discussed in the text.