Are you looking for classroom-tested content strategies to help your English Language Learners achieve academic success? This easy-to-use resource offers 102 practical instructional and assessment strategies built on a strong foundation of second language acquisition theories and principles. Easy to incorporate into daily classroom instruction, all 102 strategies are concise and offer helpful guides that maximize students’ performance potential at every level of development. Strategies address a variety of issues, including cultural considerations, instructional processes, traditional testing, alternative testing formats, grading, and accountability.
- Theory to Application: Guidelines for Practice are found at the beginning of each chapter to unify the theories and principles around which this text is designed.
- The Objective briefly states the goals of the strategies that follow.
- The Rationale explains the reasoning underlying each objective and the role it plays in your practice.
- Strategies offer activities and assignments to help you in guiding your English Language Learners toward academic success.
- In Concept introduces and explains the ideas behind each strategy and why it is important to your practice.
- In Practice provides instructions, examples, and illustrations to illustrate how each strategy can be used in your classroom.