Academic Connections is a four-level integrated skills course designed for students preparing for academic study as well as for standardized tests such as the TOEFL® test. A systematic, step-by-step approach helps students develop and sharpen their language, academic, and test-taking abilities.
Academic Connections was developed with the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and is based on extensive research into the actual language demands of higher education.
Academic Connections is:
- Integrated. Academic Connections integrates all four language skills and teaches students how to integrate skills and content in real-world academic contexts.
- Academic. Explicit, step-by-step academic skill development leads to student mastery. With careful instruction and engaging practice tasks, students learn how to organize information, make connections, and think critically.
- Authentic. High-interest and intellectually stimulating authentic material familiarizes students with academic content. Authentic tasks include listening to lectures, note-taking, participating in debates, preparing oral and written reports, and writing essays.
- Assessment-Based. Academic Connections provides a variety of assessments and practice opportunities based upon individual needs.
The Audio CD is available separately. Click here to purchase the Audio CD.
Online Component – MyAcademicConnectionsLab
MyAcademicConnectionsLab, an integral part of the Academic Connections series, is an easy-to-use online program for students and teachers that saves time and improves results.
- Students receive personalized instruction and practice. Reading and listening selections and test preparation are all in one place – available anywhere, anytime.
- Teachers can take advantage of content and class management resources including online assessments, a flexible gradebook, and tools for monitoring student progress.