Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications, ninth edition
Lorrie R. Gay, Geoff Mills, Peter W. Airasian
Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications, ninth edition, is a practical text focused on the skills needed by competent consumers and producers of educational research. The ninth edition includes:
A clear, down-to-earth approach
• The accessible writing style, clear and concise explanations and humorous tone demystify the research process. (See, for example, pp. 104, 303, and 310.)
• Tasks are included throughout the text to guide students through the process of creating their own research report. (See, for example, pp. 4, 175, and 461.)
• Published research articles are now included in every research methods chapter. (See, for example, pp. 189, 226, and 392.)
Broadened coverage of qualitative research and expanded coverage of technology throughout the text including:
• A new chapter on case study research (Chapter 17)
• How to use online survey research tools (in Chapter 7) and how to use Excel to help organize and analyze data (in Chapters 12 and 13)
An integrated multimedia resource
• MyEducationalResearchLab–an online research-based learning tool–offers students an individualized Study Plan, provides instructors a set of assignable Homework and Exercises for each chapter, and provides interactive practice in evaluating and conducting research throughBuilding Research Skills exercises. A complete list of available resources for each chapter is located in the beginning of each chapter (See, for example, pp. 65, 217, and 383).
• For more information turn to the preface or go to www.myeducationlab.com .