2nd level cost or managerial text that follows an intuitive approach to Management Control Systems.TOC: 1. Introduction: Past and Present Management Accounting.
2. Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
3. Linear Programming Models for Planning.
4. Cost Estimation and Regression Analysis.
5. Topics in Regression Analysis.
6. Cost Analysis for Pricing Decisions.
7. Assigning Service Department Costs.
8. Joint Costs.
9. Sales, Profitability, and Productivity Variances.
10. Measuring Quality.
11. New Technology for Manufacturing Operations: JIT and CIM.
12. Justifying Investments in New Technology.
14. Profit Centers and Transfer Pricing.
15. Investment Centers: Return on Investment.
16. Executive Contracts and Bonus Plans.
17. Formal Models in Budgeting and Incentive Contracts.
This textbook for undergraduate students focuses on the practices of actual organizations through case studies. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)