The fifth edition of this widely accepted, versatile book shows future and current early childhood educators how to integrate children's creativity, play, and the arts into their curriculum in a way that fosters learning and growth and meets accountability measures.
· NEW Curriculum Accommodations for Diverse Learners (Chapters 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8)–Sections provide specific research-based suggestions for working with diverse learners.
· NEW Play and Arts Integration Charts–Provide suggestions for integrating play and each of the art forms across the curriculum by content area.
· NEW MyEducationLab Videos and Artifacts Integrated in Book– Accompanied by assignable questions, online video clips and classroom artifacts from this powerful resource illustrate key points in the text.
· NEW National Standards Correlations–This appendix reference tool is cross-referenced by chapter, showing how and where the content meets national standards in the arts, the content areas, and in early childhood teacher education.
· Classroom Scenarios–Separated by grade level, these brief vignettes open each chapter, offering students a view into real classroom situations.
· Frequently Asked Questions andResearch-Based Answers–Each chapter contains 3 to 5 FAQs with answers, allowing students to use these responses to build a repertoire of authoritative responses to questions that noneducators and other educators often ask.
· Teacher Reflections and Scenarios on Chapter Content–These authentic examples and candid remarks, followed by questions to stimulate thinking, give readers a sense of real teaching issues and provide a common base for discussion.