The Number 1 VLSI Design Guide—Now Fully Updated for IP-Based Design and the Newest Technologies
Modern VLSI Design, Fourth Edition, offers authoritative, up-to-the-minute guidance for the entire VLSI design process—from architecture and logic design through layout and packaging. Wayne Wolf has systematically updated his award-winning book for today’s newest technologies and highest-value design techniques. Wolf introduces powerful new IP-based design techniques at all three levels: gates, subsystems, and architecture. He presents deeper coverage of logic design fundamentals, clocking and timing, and much more. No other VLSI guide presents as much up-to-date information for maximizing performance, minimizing power utilization, and achieving rapid design turnarounds.
- All-new material on IP-based design
- Extensive new coverage of networks-on-chips
- New coverage of using FPGA fabrics to improve design flexibility
- New material on image sensors, busses, Rent’s Rule, pipelining, and more
- Updated VLSI technology parameters reflecting the latest advances
- Revised descriptions of HDLs and other VLSI design tools
- Advanced techniques for overcoming bottlenecks and reducing crosstalk
- Low-power design techniques for enhancing reliability and extending battery life
- Testing solutions for every level of abstraction, from gates to architecture
- Revamped end-of-chapter problems that fully reflect today’s VLSI design challenges
Wolf introduces a top-down, systematic design methodology that begins with high-level models, extends from circuits to architecture, and facilitates effective testing. Along the way, he brings together all the skills VLSI design professionals will need to create tomorrow’s state-of-the-art devices.