Your Early Childhood Practicum and Student Teaching Experience: Guidelines for Success is designed for students who are assuming the responsibilities of teaching young children while receiving guidance and supervision. Students may be taking part in a variety of student teaching experiences. These may include capstone courses for one-year certificate programs and for associate degree programs, practicum experiences in a community college setting, as well as traditional early childhood programs in a four-year university setting. This text offers both theory and practical application to guide each student to a successful conclusion of the practicum and student teaching experience.
New to this Edition!
· Current information on national and state standards
· Reauthorization of RReauthorization of No Child Left Behind
· Assessment of ALL children
· Diverse family structures and family systems such as grandparent-headed families,families with one or more LGBT parents, military families, single parent families, and families experiencing poverty
· Expanded focus on inclusion and working with children who have special needs and their families
· Expanded focus on professional behavior
· Lesson planning with sample formats
· Electronic portfolio development and expanded portfolio activities
· Helpful web sites on each topic