Are you ready to integrate technology into your classroom? Instructional Technology and Media for Learning will guide you as you begin to incorporate computer technology and other media into your teaching.
The 9th edition invites you to:
Integrate technology into your classroom with the ASSURE model:
- The introduction to the ASSURE model in Chapter 4 has been revised to be more practical and exclusively relevant to P-12 teaching and learning.
- ASSURE Classroom Challenge at the beginning of chapters frames the chapter content in a classroom situation.
- ASSURE Classroom Connection questions stimulate thinking about the sample classroom situation in the context of the chapter information you’re reading.
- ASSURE Classroom Practice at the ends of chapters provides you with a complete classroom example of technology integration, following the ASSURE model step by step.
Discover the most effective, popular, and accessible technology used in P-12 classrooms today, and learn how to use them:
- NEW! Free and Inexpensive Materials highlights technology and media that teachers can obtain for free, at a low price, or at a discount price.
- Close-Up on Learning presents brief case studies of technology and media applications in various contexts.
- Media Files highlight technologies that arecommercially available and commonly used in the classroom.
- Technology for Diverse Learners showcases technology and media that you can use to meet the needs of diverse learners in your class.
- Using Technology and Media in the Classroom gives helpful tips for using technology well for effective classroom presentations.
- Copyright Concerns address timely copyright issues as they relate to each chapter’s content, informing you of correct legal usage of these technologies.
Use the ASSURE Learning in Action DVD located in the back of this text and referenced throughout each chapter to:
- Watch ASSURE Learning in Action Videos to see classroom footage of technology usage in a variety of contexts from elementary to high school. For each video clip you can also answer Questions to Consider and view artifacts created by the students in the video.
- Create your own technology-integrated lesson plans in My Professional Portfolio. Use the Lesson Plan Builder template to include the ISTE NETS*S and curriculum standards in each lesson you create, and add each finished lesson to a database.
- Try Skill-Builder Tutorials, which now include video tutorials, to learn the how-to details of navigating and using various technologies.
- Fill out Selection Rubrics for each technology and media format addressed in the text, making it easy for you to preview and evaluate your own teaching materials.