- waking up every might to a voice saying “Come and catch me”!
- being on a boat in the middle of the ocean in a terrible storm!
- finding millions of dollars on a busy highway!
These stories and more – humorous, poignant, astounding – and all true!
More True Stories, Third Edition, consists of 22 new or updated human-interest stories adapted from newspapers and magazines. The universal appeal of these stories ensures a pleasurable reading experience and motivates high-beginning-level students toward reading fluency.
Features of the Third Edition:
- Revised and improved exercises for vocabulary development, reading comprehension, pronunciation, discussion, and writing to help students develop language proficiency.
- An expanded To the Teacher section with background information and teaching tips to help make the reading class more effective.
- Audio CD with recordings of all stories for further instruction and practice