Basic Reading Power 1 is a new and updated edition of the successful student-centered reading skills textbook Basic Reading Power. Its unique structure, featuring four parts to be used concurrently, allows beginning-level students (with a 300-word vocabulary) to develop the multiple sills and strategies involved in the reading process.
- Extensive Reading helps students to build reading fluency, broaden knowledge of vocabulary and collocation, and gain confidence.
- Vocabulary Building offers strategies for independent vocabulary learning such as dictionary work, guessing meaning from context, and learning how words work in sentences.
- Comprehension Skills teaches reading skills such as recognizing words and phrases, scanning for information, and making inferences.
- Thinking Skills provides practice in recognizing sentence structure and following the logic of ideas.
New to the Third Edition
- An updated Extensive Reading section with new fables and stories, more activities for evaluating student progress, and a revised suggested reading list
- Enhanced vocabulary features including new "Focus on Vocabulary" exercises and an expanded Vocabulary Building section
There is also a Teacher Guide with Answer Key and a Test Booklet for Basic Reading Power 1.
The Reading Power series also includes:
- Reading Power 2 (4th Edition): Intermediate
- More Reading Power 3: High-Intermediate
- Advanced Reading Power 4: Advanced