With clear explanations and many examples drawn right out of day-to-day life, Paul Herrick untangles the complexities of logical theory in The Many Worlds of Logic. This new edition adds new chapters on informal logic and critical thinking. It also breaks out longer chapters from the previous edition into shorter, more focused chapters. Herrick has added many new explanations and examples; in each chapter, he covers the fundamentals completely before moving on to more challenging areas.
* Difficult terms are highlighted and explained carefully
* End-of-chapter glossaries help students remember important terms
* Hundreds of examples demonstrate the application of concepts
* Hundreds of exercises help students learn logic by actually doing it
* Truth-trees in an appendix help students go beyond the basics