Individuals who suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder know that it can be extremely impairing, causing chronic tension, fatigue, irritability and difficulties sleeping. The most effective treatment for this disorder is a program based on principles of congnitive-behavioral therapy.
Written by the developers of an empirically supported and effective CBT therapy program for treating GAD, this workbook includes all the information necessary for a client to learn the appropriate skills to combat their excessive worry. When used in conjunction with the corresponding therapist guide, this book provides a complete treatment package with a proven success rate.
Through the use of this workbook, clients will become active participants in their supervised treatment. This revised edition includes new elements such as a listing of goals for each session chapter, as well as more detailed lists of homework assignments. Mastery of Your Anxiety and Worry, Workbook, 2e is a one-of-a-kind resource that allows clients to work alongside their therapist to personalize their treatment strategy and overcome their GAD.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Reviewer:Nicholas Greco IV, MS, BCETS, CATSM(Abbott Laboratories)
Description:This latest workbook in the Treatments That Work series focuses on the area of anxiety and worry. As treatments have changed for the anxiety disorders, so has this series, and this book reflects the latest in psychological interventions.
Purpose:The purpose of this book and series is to help clients address their generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and develop coping mechanisms as well as continuous improvement. Additionally, the workbook provides the necessary tools for working both with the therapist and during the important time between sessions. The authors and contributors are unquestionably experts in their respective fields.
Audience:Clients who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and are under the care of a trained professional who has the therapist guide may benefit from this well written workbook and program. The authors and contributors are highly credible members in the field.
Features:The workbook complements the therapist guide and takes the reader step-by-step through the program and the principles of treatment. A strong emphasis is rightly put on the need to relax and the source of worrying. A focus on time management and problem solving and facing one's fears is a must-read. A standout chapter is the discussion on psychopharmacological intervention which is unbiased, well-balanced, and objective. The organization of the workbook is well thought out, systematic, and a potential beacon of hope for the GAD client.
Assessment:This is one of the best client workbooks for generalized anxiety disorder in quite some time. Strongly recommended!