Business Ethics and Ethical Business is a brief yet remarkably comprehensive introduction to the thought-provoking field of business ethics. The text is organized into three parts that cover the role of business in society, the ethics of internal management, and the challenges of international business. It introduces the standards essential in business ethics, explores a wide range of issues using concrete examples, and provides analytical tools for guiding ethical decisions in the real world.
* Includes an appendix containing sixteen short case scenarios modeled on ethical problems in business; these studies are keyed to relevant chapters and designed to stimulate class discussion and provide material for essay assignments
* Introduces central ethical theories including Aristotle's virtue ethics, Kant's rule-based ethics, Mill's utilitarianism, and Ross's common-sense pluralism
* Introduces a set of principles comprising a decision framework for conducting business ethically
* Examines the two main competing views of business in a democratic societythe free market view and the corporate social responsibility approach
* Considers both large companies and small, family-owned businesses
* Includes a glossary of many key terms in business ethics
Business Ethics and Ethical Business is ideal for undergraduate or MBA courses, as either a standalone text or a companion to an anthology or selected case studies. Every chapter is self-contained, so the text can be used in whole or in part and in long or short courses.