Elements of Electromagnetics, Fifth Edition, uses a vectors-first approach to explain electrostatics, magnetostatics, fields, waves, and applications like transmission lines, waveguides, and antennas. The book also provides a balanced presentation of time-varying and static fields, preparing students for employment in today's industrial and manufacturing sectors.
Streamlined to facilitate student understanding, this edition features worked examples in every chapter that explain how to use the theory presented in the text to solve different kinds of problems. Numerical methods, including MATLAB and vector analysis, are also included to help students analyze situations that they are likely to encounter in industry practice.
New to this Edition:
• Lavish number of illustrations help students visualize phenomena
• Sadiku's trademark clear, concise explanations support teaching and help students understand concepts
• New and revised homework problemsparticularly problems that focus on practical exampleshelp students connect what they learn in the classroom to real-world applications
• MATLAB exercises in each chapter help students build proficiency with the software and allow them to solve more complicated problems
• Companion website (www.oup.com/us/sadiku) with PowerPoint images and MATLAB problems from the text
Elements of Electromagnetics, Fifth Edition, is designed for introductory undergraduate courses in electromagnetics.
Textbook designed for the college level student in introductory fundamental electromagnetic concepts and applications. No bibliography. Acidic paper. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)