Taking the typical textbook to a whole new level!
Communication Unbound provides all the content instructors expect in a traditional basic communication text, but in an innovative online format that is full of rich interactive resources video clips, study quizzes, Web activities, review-oriented crossword puzzles, an electronic journal, and morethat enrich and enhance students' learning experiences.
- Active learning activities delivered online include:
- Think About This: Critical thinking questions designed to function as a message/chat board for class discussion.
- Online Journal: A diary format allowing students to explore communication issues on their own.
- VideoView: A video clip is followed by critical thinking questions.
- Web Activity: An activity directing students to the Internet where they can explore a variety of communication topics and issues.
- Online pedagogical features allow students to learn according to their own learning styles and at their own pace. These include:
- Rapid Review: Short questions in multiple-choice, true/false, and fill-in-the-blank formats quickly check students' understanding of each section.
- Assessing Your Skills: Self-assessment activities measure a variety of communication competencies.
- Practice Test: Multiple-choice and true/false questions plus a crossword puzzle of key terms offer immediate answer feedback for the student.
- Glossary: Hyperlinked glossary terms make it easy for students to look up and refer back to key definitions.
What's great about the Unbound format:
- Because the course content is delivered both online and in a printed text, it provides students with various learning styles the ultimate in flexibility.
- Extensive use of video throughout the online text enables students to see examples of specific concepts and skills contextually, rather than just read about them or view examples separately.
- A modular format allows Communication Unbound's content to be tailored to fit every course.
- Students get all the content they need to be successful communicators in a much more appealing, interactive, and engaging manner than the typical text.