Latinoamérica: presente y pasado, Third Edition, introduces students to the cultures and history of Latin America from pre-Columbian times to the present. Written in an easy-flowing, narrative style, this new edition continues to offer an extensive yet tangible view of Latin American history. Furthermore, Latinoamérica examines the Hispanic experience not only in Latin America, but also in the United States, a topic of increasing relevance and interest.
What’s new in the third edition?
• Each chapters now includes a synopsis that prepares the student for the chapter’s content.
• Chapter reorganization allows for easier navigation from topic to topic.
• A chapter has been added on Colombia and Venezuela, as well as increased coverage of countries from the Andean region, Central America, the southern cone, and the Caribbean.
• There is increased emphasis on the political and economic developments within Latin America.
• The text-specific Companion WebsiteTM at www.prenhall.com/latinoamerica features assessment tools to test the student’s comprehension of the chapter, links to Web sites expanding on the culture and history of Latin America, and a listing of recommended readings and films.