Build your skills in the development of story ideas that will command an audience for your 2-5 minute animated short.
Packed with illustrated examples of idea generation, character and story development, acting, dialogue and storyboarding practice this is your conceptual toolkit proven to meet the challenges of this unique art form.
The companion DVD includes in-depth interviews with industry insiders, 18 short animations (many with accompanying animatics, character designs and environment designs) and an acting workshop to get your animated short off to a flying start!
With Ideas for the Animated Short you'll learn about: Story Background and Theory
• Building Better Content
• Acting: Exploring the Human Condition
• Building Character and Location
• Building Story
* This unique creative toolkit for idea generation and refinement is short and to the point, focused on the basic principles you need to know
* The companion DVD contains professional and student animations (including preparatory sketches and storyboards) to demonstrate effective techniques and imaginative results
* Packed with inspirational interviews and behind-the-scenes work from top professionals from Sony, Pixar and Disney