This second edition of Record Label Marketing continues its top reputation of being the most comprehensive look at the inner workings of record labels anywhere, showing how they connect commercial music with consumers. In the current climate of selling music through both traditional channels and new media, the authors carefully explain the components of the contemporary label’s marketing plan and how it is executed. The book is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries. Record Label Marketing has become essential reading for current and aspiring professionals, and for music business students everywhere. The book also includes a valuable overview of the music industry and a companion website located at www.recordlabelmarketing.com.
Record Label Marketing…
* Gives you an exclusive and complete look at SoundScan and how it is used as a marketing tool.
* Presents essential information on uses of new media, label publicity, advertising, retail distribution, and marketing research by record labels.
* Offers insight into how successful labels use videos, promotional touring, and special products to build revenue.
* Includes important specialized marketing strategies using the tools of grassroots promotion and international opportunities.
* Reveals how labels are managing within their transitional digital industry.
* Looks to the future of the music business-how online developments, technological diffusion, and convergence and new markets continue to reshape the industry.