Discover what it takes to succeed in the "real world" of physical therapy practice, where you'll rely not only on your clinical skills, but on management skills such as budgeting, recruiting, professional development, and limiting your risk of liability. Expert authors Ron Scott and Christopher Petrosirio guide you through the essentials of practice management to help you understand and master these skills and more. You'll find ideas for marketing your practice, as well as advice and information on negotiation and dispute resolution, human resources management, quality and risk management, legal and ethical issues, and fiscal management. Specific case examples from the authors' own experiences illustrate important points throughout the book.
- Well-known author Ron Scott draws from his unique experiences as a physical therapist clinical manager, MBA, and health law attorney to provide a uniquely comprehensive and insightful overview of physical therapy practice management.
- An emphasis on human resources ("people") management offers effective strategies for recruiting, selecting, and retaining the best clinicians and support professionals in this increasingly competitive field.
- Case examples based on the authors' own experiences bring concepts to life.
- Engaging exercises - including group discussions, role-playing scenarios, and short answer - help you strengthen your critical thinking skills.
- Current terminology from the APTA Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition is used throughout.