With its concise, user-friendly outline format, this handy pocket guide is the indispensable consultant for fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disturbances and how they relate to patient care. Readers will discover pathophysiology, assessment, diagnostic tests, collaborative management, and nursing diagnoses and interventions reviewed in a logical, consistent, and easy-to-read manner.
• Helps readers identify a patient's specific imbalance and understand the required nursing care
• Provides the ability to look up a diagnosis and learn what fluid, electrolyte, or acid-base disturbances are associated with that diagnosis
• Includes patient-family teaching guidelines with clear instructions to give the patient and family regarding care for the condition
• Provides pediatric and geriatric information to help users understand the variations within these special patient populations
• Compares different types of parenteral and enteral feedings, along with nursing implications
• Contains expanded and updated relevant IV therapy and pharmacology
• Features updated content throughout with current literature and research findings, such as most current blood pressure guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services