Simply written and well illustrated, this New Edition provides all the practical information ophthalmic and optometric assistants and technicians need to complete their day-to-day tasks, including paramedical training, ophthalmic technology, and efficient ophthalmic office management. It also serves as a useful guide for ophthalmic practice, featuring up-to-date coverage of ophthalmic diseases, surgical procedures, the latest medications, and the newest contact lenses. Readers will also find detailed information on the latest equipment used in practice and the skills required to understand the use of each piece in the clinical setting.
- Features useful appendices that provide quick reference to hospital/practice forms for learning efficient patient record keeping, conversion tables, numerous language translations, ocular emergencies, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Includes an easy-to-access glossary of ophthalmic terminology used in practice.
- Presents chapter outlines and self-assessment questions.
- Features the latest advances in cataract, refractive, and strabismus eye surgery, as well as the latest pharmacologic agents.
- Discusses the hottest topics in the field, such as phacoemulsification, MRI, and pediatric ophthalmology.
- Includes new chapters on wavefront and custom ablation · topography · computerized COT · optical dispensing · ethics and confidentiality · and ophthalmic assisting for international medical personnel.
- Presents an expanded section on ophthalmic terminology that includes more optometric entries, as well as and expanded translations section featuring Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Offers more comprehensive and practical information on the certification/recertification process for ophthalmic and optometric assistants.
- Uses new full-color images throughout to provide a better visual guide to identifying ophthalmic disorders, explaining difficult concepts—including surgical techniques—and showing the newest equipment used in ophthalmology and optometry.
With 21 contributing experts