118 international experts provide you with complete coverage of basic and clinical science in anesthesiology. They emphasize the principles and clinical applications of molecular and cell biology, physiology, pharmacology, and physics and measurement. Over 700 full-color illustrations and easy-to-read tables and graphs help you understand every detail.
• Uses a visual approach with excellent full-color line illustrations.
• Includes a bonus CD-ROM that allows you to download all of the book's figures into PowerPoint® for electronic presentations.
• Refers only to key references from primary papers keeping information that is the most up-to-date.
• Contains new chapters on: Adverse Drug Reactions (Ch. 10), Sensory Systems (Ch. 22), Physiology of Pain (Ch. 23), Mechanisms of Anesthesia (Ch. 24), Consciousness & Cognition (Ch.29), Sleep & Anesthesia (Ch. 30), and Physiology & Pharmacology of Blood Coagulation (Ch. 53).
• Includes increased coverage of ultrasound in anesthesiology and clinical care.
• Offers new information on genomics and proteomics.
• Shows "clinical pearls" boxes in every chapter for added speed in reference.
With 115 additional contributors