Written by experts at the University of Iowa, this popular resource contains all of the up-to-date clinical information you need to diagnose and treat disorders commonly seen in inpatient and ambulatory settings. Bulleted text, tables, and algorithms enable you to grasp what you need to know in moments. You'll also find a new two-color design, making it easier to find the facts you need-when you need them. Plus, BONUS handheld software lets you access the entire contents of the book as well as a drug index and calculators, anywhere and anytime you want.
- Hands on information that is truly germane to patient management.
- CDC guidelines on post-exposure HIV prophylaxis and hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment.
- Treatment options beyond standard guidelines, for assistance when the usual protocols fail.
- Includes BONUS handheld software, containing the entire contents of the book as well as a drug index and calculators.
- Provides evidence-based guidelines and number needed to treat (NNT) and number needed to harm (NNH) when available.
- Features an expanded herbal formulary, highlighting drug-herb interactions and the evaluation of the effectiveness of herbal therapies.
- Offers new information on SARS and West Nile virus.
- Incorporates a new section on Long-Term Care.
- Discusses clotting and platelet disorders and the evaluation of serum total protein in an expanded hematology section.
- Offers additional adult immunization information.
- Uses a new two-color design, making it easier to find the facts you need-fast.