This dynamic resource is your guide to the latest information on the roles and responsibilities of the manager of patient care, core competencies required of nurses caring for patients, and a wide range of management concepts that nurses need to know before entering practice. With an emphasis on patient safety and evidence-based practice, it provides complete coverage of patient care management, leadership, information management, organizational planning, and human resources.
- Organized around the five major functional groups within health care organizations that nurses handle or frequently interact with - patient care management, leadership, information management, organizational planning, and human resources.
- Important content on the environment of care examines hospital safety and security issues including emergency codes, Safe Patient Handling and Movement and Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Evidence-Based boxes summarize current research and best practices for topics throughout the textbook.
- Clinical Corner boxes discuss practice process improvements made by nurses, including safe, effective practices used at their institutions and how they improve patient care.
- NCLEX® examination-style review questions at the end of each chapter offer valuable review and exam preparation.