Now in full color, Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology provides comprehensive coverage of the competencies every vet tech needs to know. Illustrated, step-by-step instructions emphasize the technician's role and responsibilities in each procedure, and dozens of new summary tables and boxes make it easy to find key information. Written by experienced vet tech educator Margi Sirois, this edition offers excellent preparation for clinical practice and for veterinary technician credentialing examinations.
• Comprehensive coverage includes the entire scope of competencies reflecting today's veterinary technology practice.
• 82 illustrated, step-by-step procedures include instructions for all AVMA-required psychomotor techniques.
• Clinical discussions of the technician's role are emphasized in every procedure.
• Expert authors are qualified vet tech educators who understand your needs and write in a clear, concise style.
• New Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine chapter helps you integrate physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, and herbal remedies into practice.
• Expanded coverage of exotics includes handling, restraint, and examination procedures for birds, reptiles, amphibians, and wildlife.
• Over 900 full-color photos and illustrations accurately depict specific disorders, diseases, and procedures, making these easier to learn.
• More tables and boxes summarize key information, to simplify the learning of complex material.